Milenyo Mayhem
Thursday was most definitely an interesting day to say the least. I came to work quite early. The lights kept on blinking but of course, as always, the pc's were still on. I had to take the stairs after buying breakfast from Mcdo coz the elevators were just too dangerous. When my Lead advised me that I could go home if I wanted to, I did only to be faced with harsh winds, my car shaking uncontrollably & bad traffic along Ayala. I was half expecting a car to fly by but thankfully, that didn't happen... to me. I HAD to meet up with B at G4 (since they didn't have a generator that could last forever unlike PS) so I took alternative routes, narrowly escaping the fallen branches and flying debris along the way.
When I got to Glorietta, a tree partially blocked the parking entrance leading towards G4 so I had to improvise. Along with the other vehicles, we had to enter the parking area by moving in reverse ever so slowly despite the wind, the flying tarps and all. Don't ask me how I did it. I just did. It was after all, almost 1pm and B kept on telling me to just find the nearest parking. I don't think he realized that I was literally in the eye of the storm and I could feel my heart racing every time the wind tried to knock down my car! Thank goodness I had my camera.
So in memory of my rendezvous with Milenyo, below is what remains of my experience. Next time, I’ll know better. I'll do an Ann. I'll call in!
Outside G4 around 2pm
The aftermath: along Forbes going to the Fort
The billboard obstruction along C5





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home