SBD-ing
There are 3 Phases to SBD. (More like 2 and phase 3 is just there for change in lifestyle purposes)The first phase lasts for 2 weeks and in that two weeks, you totally take out all bread, pasta, rice, diary, fruits and of course, sugar (artificial sweeteners is accepted) . So pretty much all the good stuff. So, what do you eat? Lean meat is allowed (aka white meat), veggies are allowed especially the green ones with the only exceptions (for veggies) being potatoes, corn, carrot and pumpkin. (I know, the good stuff again) Eggs are allowed and so is cheese but there are exceptions. No to cream cheese of course, brie and the like (fatty cheese). Parmesan, Feta, low fat laughing cow, low fat cottage cheese and mozzarella light are all acceptable. Tofu is allowed but never deep fried and of course no breading! Low fat mayo is also allowed. (If you go to the supermarket, you’ll see SBD stamp on Kraft’s low fat mayo) When cooking, it’s recommended to use EVO (extra virgin olive oil) or canola/vegetable oil. Mostly, you’ll find yourself either steaming, stir frying, grilling or roasting your food. (Thank goodness for ovens) Deep frying is a no no. (But we all knew that!)
What’s interesting and I’m totally fine with is they allow sashimi! (woohoo!)
The thing about SBD is that you can eat as much of the allowed foods that you want until you’re no longer hungry. So, just find yourself a salad bar and stuff yourself! (Just a note though, the dressing shouldn’t be cream based. Vinaigrettes is the wiser choice) Hehe.
I can honestly say and a lot of folks can attest to this as well, it works. No matter how disgusted I am right now of eating cucumbers and celery, I’ve lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks time. (I know, right???)
Now, Phase 2 is the best. It reintroduces all the banned stuff but with certain conditions: whole wheat bread, (I recently got a panini press!!) brown/ wild rice, whole wheat pasta, fruits (expect for watermelon, banana, pineapple, raisins and canned fruit) non fat milk, sugar free/non fat yogurt and ice cream and sweet potato. Weight loss won’t be as drastic as phase 1, but, you can still lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. (You can also prolong phase 1 for another 2 weeks, if you can)
I do have a meal plan that I also followed when I wanted to lose weight before I got married so if anyone wants one, I could photocopy it for you.
Another great thing about SBD is that if you go back to your old nasty eating habits, you can always start all over again. No worries. Inspirational pics to follow… now, that’s something to look forward to!
GOAL for 2007: NO FAILURES!


1 Comments:
HAZEL! I want that list! Send me one! Scan it, send it to me! Now! As in now!
Hehehe, as you can see, there is waaaaay too much sugar in my diet. My pictures are horrible, and since they say I'm photogenic, you could imagine how terrible I am in real life.
So help! Pleaaaaassssseeee!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home