Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Meat sweats, Wagyu and Grad 2007


It's been awhile since I've been in an educational institution so you can just imagine my surprise when I walked into the halls of Miriam college (my sister's alma mater) and saw on their bulletin board that a student posted her missing mp3 player. Wow. Times have indeed changed. As far as I can remember, the most expensive thing ever to be posted on our bulletin board in SPCP was a cassette player. How jurassic.

Now, my sister's finally a college grad. Mind you, when she was in grade three, she'd proclaim: "Mama, hanggang grade 5 nalang talaga ako tapos ayoko na." Crazy.


Speaking of graduation, you know what that means... food of course! And to make things extra special, how about dining at 7 corners (Crowne Plaza) 2 straight nights for FREE? (don't ask, how that happened. It just did).




The best thing about the whole experience was that March was their month to honor the infamous Wagyu beef and my oh my oh my... was it damn good. (so good that it deserves its own spotlight!)

Since I was technically still on SBD, I made sure to stay away from all the nasty carbs. Don't worry, I found a way, regardless of the fact I had to do a repeat performance the following night. Unfortunately, I'm no longer impressed with 7 corners as I was before. The Lobster was dry, their Tandoori Chicken lacking in flavor (go to New Bombay instead) and their homemade ice cream well... sucked.




Still, I can't complain. It's free. And when there's free food, I'm there with my cam of course.
To my sis, happy graduation! To me, you'll always be my kilikili poser, anak araw, rudolph's nose and videoke partner for life. ( coz I have no other choice!) May you find your one true frog in the corporate world. Bonne chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home